Printing from a Linux Laptop
All ICERM public printers should work on Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. This includes the 11th floor copier and the two 10th floor LaserJets. These settings will allow you to add these printers to your Linux OS.
- Open the New Printer dialog, and select Network Printer -> LPD/LPR.
- Enter the hostname of the printer you wish to add then click “Forward”:
- 11th Floor Copier: icerm-copier.devices.brown.edu
- 10th Floor LaserJet A: icerm-ljp4015a.devices.brown.edu
- 10th Floor LaserJet B: icerm-ljp4015b.devices.brown.edu
- The OS may detect the printer software. If not, search for HP LaserJet P4015 for the 10th floor printers or Canon iR6055/6065 for the 11th Floor Copier. If your system does not have these drivers installed, you may use the Generic PostScript Printer drivers.
- All printers support duplexing (two-sided printing).
If you have questions about these instructions or require further assistance, please contact the ICERM IT staff by dropping by the administrative offices or emailing email@example.com.