ICERM is a national math institute supported by the National Science Foundation. The Institute annually sponsors 12-15 large-scale thematic semester programs and their affiliated workshops, as well as topical workshops, conferences, summer programs, and special events. These events bring together scholars from around the world to discuss the latest research and to form new research partnerships.
2016-2017 POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP POSITIONS:
Please see Mathjobs.org for details.
The Application Developer will report to the Senior Application Developer at ICERM. This position will perform application testing, development, and maintenance within an agile team environment. This work will include development/coding, testing, and ongoing maintenance of the department’s front-end applications, back-end applications, java application servers, and databases.
The Application Developer will serve as an integral member of the information technology team. This team is responsible for all software, servers, and data systems. This position will work with staff, end users, and the Senior Application Developer to assist in the development and implementation of solutions for continuous improvement and support of business functions.
- Develop web applications
- Write applications tests and debug applications and associated systems
- Manage and maintain databases, models, systems, and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting
- Co-develop solutions to improve departmental business processes and systems
To apply for the Application Developer position, please go to the Jobs@Brown website, and search for REQ121912.
Financial Office Assistant
The Financial Office Assistant provides support to the Financial Manager in handling the day-to-day tasks associated with the reimbursement process for approximately 1,000 visitors a year to ICERM. Additionally, the Financial Office Assistant will process all ICERM postdocs and staff expense reports. This position also provides support to visitors who have basic questions about travel policies and procedures.
- Process reimbursement requests for staff, postdocs, and visitors annually
- Coordinate all funded participants' completion of Brown University's on-line registration forms
- Responds to questions from partcipants regarding the reimbursement process and travel policies and procedures
- Assists participants with solving final payment problems
To apply for the Financial Office Assistant position, please go to the Jobs@Brown website, and search for REQ121913.
This hospitality/admin position provides customer support to all institute visitors (∼1,000/year), as well as general office support to the event staff. The person in this position is the first person visitors interact with upon arrival at ICERM. They must be able to multi-task and prioritize with a high degree of attention to detail and possess an outgoing and helpful personality.
- Event prep
- Ongoing event support
- General clerical/admin support
- Social media and on-line marketing
To apply for the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position, please go to the Jobs@Brown website, and search for REQ122005.