The purpose of this workshop is to bring together mathematicians interested in foams and their use in low-dimensional topology, representation theory, categorification, mathematical physics, and combinatorics. The workshop will focus on the foam evaluation formula and its applications. More concretely, we aim to:
(a) Give a more intrinsic definition of the foam evaluation, in order, for instance, to find similar formulas for the other Lie types;
(b) Understand the interplay between foams and matrix factorizations and further use foams for a unified and comprehensive approach to Khovanov-Rozansky link homology theories;
(c) Compare combinatorial foam evaluation with the geometric structures and invariants coming from gauge theory and symplectic geometry;
(d) Study potential applications of the foamy definition of link homology theories.
This workshop is fully funded by a Simons Foundation Targeted Grant to Institutes.
Confirmed Speakers & Participants
- Poster Presenter
- Virtual Attendee
University of Oregon
Mee Seong Im
United States Military Academy
Johns Hopkins University,
University of Southern California
University of Luxembourg
University of Paris
ICERM welcomes applications from faculty, postdocs, graduate students, industry scientists, and other researchers who wish to participate. Some funding may be available for travel and lodging. Graduate students who apply must have their advisor submit a statement of support in order to be considered.
Applications are not currently open. Please check back at a later date.
- Acceptable Costs
- 1 roundtrip between your home institute and ICERM
- Flights in economy class to either Providence airport (PVD) or Boston airport (BOS)
- Ground Transportation to and from airports and ICERM.
- Unacceptable Costs
- Seats in economy plus, business class, or first class
- Change ticket fees of any kind
- Multi-use bus passes
- Meals or incidentals
- Advance Approval Required
- Personal car travel to ICERM from outside New England
- Multiple-destination plane ticket; does not include layovers to reach ICERM
- Arriving or departing from ICERM more than a day before or day after the program
- Multiple trips to ICERM
- Rental car to/from ICERM
- Arriving or departing from airport other than PVD/BOS or home institution's local airport
- 2 one-way plane tickets to create a roundtrip (often purchased from Expedia, Orbitz, etc.)
- Reimbursement Requests
Refer to the back of your ID badge for more information. Checklists are available at the front desk and in the Reimbursement section of Cube.
- Reimbursement Tips
- Scanned original receipts are required for all expenses
- Airfare receipt must show full itinerary and payment
- ICERM does not offer per diem or meal reimbursement
- Allowable mileage is reimbursed at prevailing IRS Business Rate and trip documented via pdf of Google Maps result
- Keep all documentation until you receive your reimbursement!
- Reimbursement Timing
6 - 8 weeks after all documentation is sent to ICERM. All reimbursement requests are reviewed by numerous central offices at Brown who may request additional documentation.
- Reimbursement Deadline
Submissions must be received within 30 days of ICERM departure to avoid applicable taxes. Submissions after thirty days will incur applicable taxes. No submissions are accepted more than six months after the program end.