This will be a hands-on workshop focused on a specific computational problem: enumerating all isomorphism classes of abelian varieties of dimension g over a finite field of cardinality q, for a suitable range of integers g and q. Isogeny classes of abelian varieties over finite fields have been previously classified by Weil polynomials and can be found in the L-functions and Modular Form Database. The goal of this workshop is to refine this to the level of isomorphism classes, and, whenever possible, to construct explicit representatives for each isomorphism class. By exploiting recent theoretical and computational advances and assembling an appropriate team of experts, we hope to make rapid and substantial progress during this short, focused workshop and to have results available in advance of the conference on the Arithmetic of Low-dimensional Abelian Varieties that will take place at ICERM in June.
This is a closed workshop that will not be accepting applications.
Confirmed Speakers & Participants
- Poster Presenter
University of Vermont
Center for Communications Research La Jolla
University of California, San Diego
University Rennes 1
University of Pittsburgh
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Vermont
Thursday, January 31, 2019
|2:00 - 3:20||Topics in Image Analysis - Pedro Felzenszwalb, Brown University||10th Floor Classroom|
- Acceptable Costs
- 1 roundtrip between your home institute and ICERM
- Flights on U.S. or E.U. airlines – economy class to either Providence airport (PVD) or Boston airport (BOS)
- Ground Transportation to and from airports and ICERM.
- Unacceptable Costs
- Flights on non-U.S. or non-E.U. airlines
- Seats in economy plus, business class, or first class
- Change ticket fees of any kind
- Multi-use bus passes
- Meals or incidentals
- Advance Approval Required
- Personal car travel to ICERM from outside New England
- Multiple-destination plane ticket; does not include layovers to reach ICERM
- Arriving or departing from ICERM more than a day before or day after the program
- Multiple trips to ICERM
- Rental car to/from ICERM
- Flights on a Swiss, Japanese, or Australian airlines
- Arriving or departing from airport other than PVD/BOS or home institution's local airport
- 2 one-way plane tickets to create a roundtrip (often purchased from Expedia, Orbitz, etc.)
- Reimbursement Request Form
Refer to the back of your ID badge for more information. Checklists are available at the front desk.
- Reimbursement Tips
- Scanned original receipts are required for all expenses
- Airfare receipt must show full itinerary and payment
- ICERM does not offer per diem or meal reimbursement
- Allowable mileage is reimbursed at prevailing IRS Business Rate and trip documented via pdf of Google Maps result
- Keep all documentation until you receive your reimbursement!
- Reimbursement Timing
6 - 8 weeks after all documentation is sent to ICERM. All reimbursement requests are reviewed by numerous central offices at Brown who may request additional documentation.
- Reimbursement Deadline
Submissions must be received within 30 days of ICERM departure to avoid applicable taxes. Submissions after thirty days will incur applicable taxes. No submissions are accepted more than six months after the program end.